Editor’s note: Congratulations to Jennifer Nguyen for being awarded the 2018 WaterFilterData.org scholarship. Check back next year for info on how to apply for the 2019-2020 award.
At WaterFilterData.org, we believe strongly in the importance of education and in the value of giving back to the community. Like clean drinking water, we believe that everyone deserves access to a quality education that sets them up for a successful, happy life. That’s why we are pleased to announce our annual Clean Water for All $1,000 scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year.
Eligible applicants can enter below for the chance to receive a $1,000 scholarship. Use the scholarship to pay for any education-related expense – books, tuition, room and board, etc. One (1) winner will be chosen.
To qualify, you must be:
- Currently enrolled as a high school senior in the United States OR currently enrolled in college at an accredited US post-secondary institution (four-year university, two-year community college, or trade school)
- A United States citizen
- Due to graduate high school at the time of application or already in possession of your high school diploma/GED
- Planning to pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited US university/post-secondary institution
- Earning a minimum 3.00 GPA or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply for the WFD Clean Water for All $1,000 Scholarship, write a 500+ word essay on the following topic: Nearly 800 million people worldwide don’t have access to clean water. How can we solve this problem?
When you’ve written your essay, email it to [email protected] along with the following information:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Name of school you’re attending
- Current GPA/grade average equivalent
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year must be received no later than October 1, 2018. The winner will be selected within 15 days and notified via email. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days after notification, we will choose another winner.